Tax Accountant, Sales
Location: Tempe, Arizona
The ideal candidate for this Career Opportunity will be responsible for sales and use tax compliance in assigned jurisdictions and reconciling corresponding liability accounts.
Major Job Tasks:
Assists the organization with sales and use tax matters and researches tax rules as needed.
Prepares and timely files assigned state and local sales tax returns.
Submits timely check/EFT payment requests for assigned tax returns.
Reconciles general ledger accounts for assigned tax returns.
Prepares and timely files refund claims for assigned tax returns.
Researches tax rules and regulations to ensure compliance including the proper use of exemption certificates.
Maintains files for audit and assists with examinations of assigned tax returns
Supports Tax personnel as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong Excel experience.
- Experience using computer software to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and computerized accounting systems.
- Must have proven ability to analyze and interpret tax rules and regulations.
- Mathematical skill to calculate and interpret data using percentages, ratios, averages and medians.
- Above average oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
- Ability to analyst and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Must have proven ability to provide a high level of customer service and responding to requests on a timely basis in addition to providing support to other employees by providing them accurate information and responding to request on a timely basis.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and schedule work activities.
- Proven ability to work independently with periodic supervisory guidance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Work assignment length- approx. 14 weeks (maybe longer)
Hourly pay: $25.00-$30.00
Solid/Strong Excel skills (some pivot table experience)
General tax accounting knowledge (sales, fuel, or returns) is a plus
If interested in this Opportunity please submit your RESUME to Barb@careerhire.com